SubjectShould we orphan JFS?
Hi all,

A while ago we've deprecated reiserfs and scheduled it for removal.
Looking into the hairy metapage code in JFS I wonder if we should do
the same. While JFS isn't anywhere as complicated as reiserfs, it's
also way less used and never made it to be the default file system
in any major distribution. It's also looking pretty horrible in
xfstests, and with all the ongoing folio work and hopeful eventual
phaseout of buffer head based I/O path it's going to be a bit of a drag.
(Which also can be said for many other file system, most of them being
a bit simpler, though).

  Last update: 2023-03-26 23:38    [W:0.074 / U:1.184 seconds]