SubjectRe: [Intel-wired-lan] ice: Error setting promisc mode on VSI 6 (rc=-17) @ 5.18.x
From
On 8/17/2022 2:08 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 05.07.22 15:51, Wilczynski, Michal wrote:
>>
>> Adding Grzegorz Siwik,  since he is working on similar issue and already
>> has a patch that is being tested/reviewed internally at the moment.
>>
>> He can you a send patch tomorrow so you can test if it also fixes your
>> problem.
>
> Tony, Jesse, I have to wonder: why is it taken so long to get this
> regression fixed? The regression was reported 69 days ago and the first
> patches to fix this went out 40 days ago. That's far from ideal.

Hi Thorsten,

Our validation found issues when testing the original fix which caused
the delays as the new issues were being worked out.

> Reminder: this regression ideally should have been fixed within two
> weeks after the report, as explained here:
> https://docs.kernel.org/process/handling-regressions.html
>
> FWIW, in case anyone wonders: the latest patch-series to fix this can be
> found here:
> https://lore.kernel.org/intel-wired-lan/1660310750-290943-1-git-send-email-grzegorz.siwik@intel.com/

I was going to point you to the newest patches, but you located them.
Our validation finished testing them yesterday so the pull request for
these will be going out to netdev today.

Thanks,
Tony

  Last update: 2022-08-17 18:00    [W:0.071 / U:0.316 seconds]