SubjectRe: [Intel-wired-lan] ice: Error setting promisc mode on VSI 6 (rc=-17) @ 5.18.x
From
Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail, unfortunately my patch is not fixing this issue.

Adding Grzegorz Siwik,  since he is working on similar issue and already
has a patch that is being tested/reviewed internally at the moment.

He can you a send patch tomorrow so you can test if it also fixes your
problem.

BR,

Michał

On 7/5/2022 11:43 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [adding Michal to the recipients]
>
> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker. Top-posting for once,
> to make this easily accessible to everyone.
>
> Intel network maintainers, help me out here please. Has anything been
> done to address this regression? It looks like Jaroslav didn't even get
> a single reply. What's up there?
>
> BTW, took a quick look into the issue and noticed a the patch "ice: Fix
> promiscuous mode not turning off" from Michal:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220704131227.2966160-3-michal.wilczynski@intel.com/
>
> Is this maybe fixing this? Then it would be good to add Link and
> Reported-by tags to that patch.
>
> Or is this something else and Jaroslav needs to bisect?
>
> Ciao, Thorsten (wearing his 'the Linux kernel's regression tracker' hat)
>
> P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
> reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
> this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
> reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.
>
> #regzbot poke
>
> On 19.06.22 19:00, Jaroslav Pulchart wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> yes, I revert that commit. Still the promiscs cannot be set and the dmesg
>> error message changed to:
>> ---------------
>> $ ip link set em1 promisc on
>> $ dmesg
>> ice 0000:63:00.0 em1: Error setting Multicast promiscuous mode on VSI 6
>> ---------------
>>
>> Jaroslav P.
>>
>> ne 19. 6. 2022 v 13:51 odesílatel Thorsten Leemhuis
>> <regressions@leemhuis.info> napsal:
>>
>>> [TLDR: I'm adding this regression report to the list of tracked
>>> regressions; all text from me you find below is based on a few templates
>>> paragraphs you might have encountered already already in similar form.]
>>>
>>> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.

>>> CCing the regression mailing list, as it should be in the loop for all
>>> regressions, as explained here:
>>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/reporting-issues.html
>>>
>>> Jaroslav, did you try to revert the change that was suggested to you in
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/d993bbb6-e583-5d91-76c0-841cc5da86af@roeck-us.net/
>>> Did it help?
>>>
>>> Anyway: To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the cracks
>>> unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking
>>> bot:
>>>
>>> #regzbot ^introduced v5.17 to v5.18
>>> #regzbot title net: ice: Error setting promisc mode on VSI 6 (rc=-17) @
>>> 5.18.x
>>> #regzbot monitor
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAK8fFZ68+xZ2Z0vDWnihF8PeJKEmEwCyyF-8W9PCZJTd8zfp-A@mail.gmail.com/
>>> #regzbot monitor
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAK8fFZ61mQ3AYpdWjWtyUXzrs-RVMW61mBLrjRDXBxB-F9GzbA@mail.gmail.com/
>>> #regzbot ignore-activity
>>>
>>> This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
> [...]

  Last update: 2022-07-05 16:05    [W:0.071 / U:0.276 seconds]