SubjectRe: Status on hid xppen patch
Date
> Hello everynyan!
>
> A while ago I sent in a patch to add support for newer Xp-pen tablets
> that even made it into patchwork:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-input/patch/b401e453-9c66-15e3-1a1d-21f33b7a64e8@gmail.com/
>
> I have never actually gotten any feedback on it though and am wondering
> if everything is to your liking. Anyway it doesn't build against the
> current tree anymore. Assuming there is any value it, should I rewrite
> it against hid master or hid uclogic?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Stefan Berzl

Hi Stefan,

I just saw your email in the mailing list.

Your patch doesn't apply against the current tree because of the changes
from Nikolai/the DIGImend project I'm sending upstream. For reference,
here is the latest batch of patches, with links to the previous ones:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-input/20220421175052.911446-1-jose.exposito89@gmail.com/T/

Please note that I'm not the maintainer of the driver, I'm just a web
developer who does free software as a hobby, i.e., this is not my area
of expertise, so take my words as suggestions, not as the path to
follow ;)

The development of the uclogic driver takes place on the DIGImend
project (inactive right now):
https://github.com/DIGImend/digimend-kernel-drivers

Like you, I wanted to add support for my tablet/improve my kernel
dev skills, but I noticed that I needed some patches from DIGImend, so,
instead of taking what I needed, I decided to upstream all the patches.

At the moment of writing this email, 24 patches from DIGImend have been
merged, 5 are under review and 7 more need to be sent. We are close to
the end.

My tablet (Parblo A610 PLUS V2) also needs some magic data to be enabled.
Actually, the data is pretty similar to the one in your patch.
You can see my implementation here:
https://github.com/JoseExposito/linux/commit/f1f24e57fab45a2bcf4e0af5ba9d8f5a2245670b

I just refactored my patch and extracted the code to send the magic data
to its own function (uclogic_probe_interface), so we can share it.

I'd suggest rebasing your code on top of DIGImend's code + my patch
so we can share some code and once all patches are upstream, you can
send it with minor or without conflicts.

What do you think?

José Expósito

  Last update: 2022-04-23 19:25    [W:0.084 / U:1.136 seconds]