SubjectRe: Status on hid xppen patch
From
Hello José,

> The tablets are the Deco Mini 4 and the Deco L, both of them are UGEE
> tablets. I already had a UGEE Parblo A610 Pro tablet and after having a
> look to the Windows driver traffic, I found out that after sending a
> chunk of magic data to enable the tablet, it requests a string
> descriptor ("uclogic_params_get_str_desc" can be used here) and the
> tablets respond with their parameters.
>
> The information is encoded, in bytes, as:
>
> 02 + 03 - UCLOGIC_RDESC_PEN_PH_ID_X_LM
> 04 + 05 - UCLOGIC_RDESC_PEN_PH_ID_Y_LM
> 06 - Number of buttons
> 07 - Dial present or not
> 08 + 09 - UCLOGIC_RDESC_PEN_PH_ID_PRESSURE_LM
> 10 + 11 - Resolution
>
> Bytes 12 and 13 are present but set to 0, probably indicating my
> tablets are lacking some feature.
>
> Could you confirm that your tablet returns similar information, please?

yes, you can haz string descriptor:
0e 03 0b 8b cb 56 08 00 ff 1f d8 13

Byte 12 are 13 are set and zero, as in your case.

> In case you want to have a look to the implementation, I'm working on
> this branch:
> https://github.com/JoseExposito/linux/commits/patch-xppen-deco-l
>
> I had to introduce new functionalities to the templating system of the
> driver, that's the reason for the KUnit tests.
> The last patch is work in progress (hopefully I'll have time to finish
> it this weekend), only the HID descriptors are missing.

I hope you make it, but otherwise you can always use mine, as it's quite
the same as yours. Only the logical minimum and maximum are -60 and 60.

> I'll cc you when in the patchset so you can add your IDs :)

Is that all you want me to do?

Kind regards,
Stefan Berzl

  Last update: 2022-05-13 19:24    [W:0.079 / U:1.352 seconds]