SubjectRe: [patch 00/15] x86/tlb: Unexport per-CPU tlbstate

> Just looking over some exports at the end of the series (and thus
> ignoring bisection issues):
>
> - Is there any good reason to keep __flush_tlb_all inline vs moving it
> out of line and kill the flush_tlb_local and flush_tlb_global exports.
> Also there is just a single modular users in SVM, I wonder if there is
> any way to get rid of that one as well.
>
> Also I think cpu_tlbstate itself could be marked static in tlb.c with
> a few more changes, I wonder if would be worth it?

For Address Space Isolation (ASI), I was planning on storing the ASI session
into cpu_tlbstate (https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/2/26/699) as the ASI session
then provides the TLB flushing information based on the ASI used. In that case,
I would need cpu_tlbstate to be non-static. Otherwise I can have my own percpu
asi_session structures, but using cpu_tlbstate seemed more appropriate to me.
This is opened for discussion; for now, I am waiting for more changes that tglx
is making, before rebasing ASI.

alex.

  Last update: 2020-04-20 18:57    [W:0.460 / U:1.384 seconds]