SubjectRe: how to actually build SGI's xfs?
On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 01:42:44PM -0400, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> How do I actually get xfs to build. I checked the code out of cvs, but it
> leave me rather confused. There's supposed to be a README.build file in
> the top level, but that doesn't exist. It looks like it's support to

Let me know if you figure it out, I would like to build it too. I spent last
week playing with different file systems. Reiserfs and jfs patch and compile
w/o too much trouble. Xfs and NWFS seem to be missing good instructions on
exactly how to patch them into the kernel, so I did not play with them.

BTW, I was quite impressed with JFS. Its definitly not ready for
production yet, but its seems slightly faster than reiserfs (for my
single benchmark, which is to build mozilla on the fs) and its only 2/3
of the size of reiserfs. If you want more info, take a look at:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jfs/index.html

Jim

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.057 / U:0.916 seconds]