Subjectacerhdf thermal question

Hi,

the polling interval is specified and modified via a kernel module
parameter [1]

The value is used to change the polling interval of the thermal zone,
implying that is accessing the thermal zone device structure internals
directly [2]

In real use case, is the interval changed at runtime? Or just when the
module is loaded? If the latter, the interval can be passed to the
thermal zone at init time without doing a polling change rate after the
thermal zone started. In this case, we can remove the
polling_delay_jiffies change in the code and fix the structure leakage
in this driver.

Otherwise, I can add accessors to this field but I would like to prevent
adding them if they are not really necessary.

Thanks
-- D.

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/thermal/linux.git/tree/drivers/platform/x86/acerhdf.c?h=thermal/bleeding-edge#n792

[2]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/thermal/linux.git/tree/drivers/platform/x86/acerhdf.c?h=thermal/bleeding-edge#n359

--
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog

  Last update: 2023-03-27 00:25    [W:0.131 / U:0.016 seconds]