SubjectRe: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"
From
On 9/30/22 16:19, Bird, Tim wrote:
> E-mails sent from a web interface could have as much structure as you'd like.
> So one avenue would be to set up a nice interface for bug reporting, that just
> delivered the form data in e-mail format to the proposed bug-receiving mail list.
>
> Also, if an e-mail receiver (something automated) gave a quick response on missing fields, I think
> you could quickly train users (even first-time bug submitters) to provide required
> data, even if they're sending from a free-form e-mail client.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> -- Tim

Debian uses an email based bug tracker and you know what? Most people
avoid it like a plague. It's a hell on earth to use. Ubunutu's Launchpad
which looks and feels like Bugzilla is a hundred times more popular.

Sometimes programmers have to realize that most people around are not as
smart as they are.

Best regards,
Artem

  Last update: 2022-09-30 18:36    [W:0.170 / U:1.740 seconds]