SubjectRe: [mtd:nand/next 11/31] drivers/mtd/nand/raw/cadence-nand-controller.c:1893:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'ioread64_rep' is invalid in C99
From

On 9/28/22 10:56, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2022, at 10:41 AM, Valentin Korenblit wrote:
>>> It's also possible you have to read from the second word first,
>>> like
>>>
>>> u32 *buf;
>>> do {
>>> buf[1] = __raw_readl(reg + 4);
>>> buf[0] = __raw_readl(reg);
>>> buf += 2;
>>> } while (buf < end);
>> Same result with pairs of readl at OFF0 and when reading at OFF1 first too,
>> I still see sdma_err. I've just opened a case to Cadence to see if there
>> is any workaround for this or if it is just not possible.
> I think this just means that the access has to be done with the exact
> width that is configured, and you cannot implement the access on
> 32-bit architectures. The only possibility is that you can reconfigure
> the nand controller to 32-bit mode at runtime, which is what Cadence
> should be able to tell you.
>
> Arnd

I've just confirmed that we cannot change sdma width in runtime and
that sdma expects to be addressed in burst width, which is the bus
width (64-bit).

Valentin

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.

Thank you.

  Last update: 2022-09-28 12:08    [W:0.062 / U:2.268 seconds]