SubjectRe: [Tab-elections] Results from the 2022 LF TAB election
Date
Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@suse.cz> writes:

> I was wondering, as the voting is fully online now, does it have to
> still overlap LPC exactly? For example I happened to miss the most
> important e-mail from CIVS in my inbox during the conference, and while
> I tried to login there by the activation code, I could only see there I
> was invited to 2021 poll but didn't see the 2022 one (nor I can see it
> there now; I assume the link from the CIVS mail would have worked, but
> too late now).
>
> Also, since it seems many of the nominations were last-minute [1] I only
> saw two of them by Friday. So even if I didn't miss the CIVS e-mail, I
> would have to read through the manifestos and rank the candidates
> quickly during LPC, which wouldn't have been ideal.
>
> So maybe the vote could be scheduler for the week before LPC? And then
> both the new and old TAB members that happen to travel there could meet
> there knowing the results already.

The current charter for the TAB ties the voting to the kernel summit; in
the move online we interpreted that as running during LPC, where what
remains of the kernel summit is held.

I don't think it has to be that way; it might be better to pick a time
of the year when things are relatively calm and just always do the
election then. It would require a charter change, but that should be
doable.

Thanks,

jon

  Last update: 2022-09-22 16:02    [W:0.051 / U:0.160 seconds]