SubjectRe: "dma-mapping: remove CONFIG_DMA_REMAP" causes AMD SME boot fail
[TLDR: I'm adding the regression report below to regzbot, the Linux
kernel regression tracking bot; all text you find below is compiled from
a few templates paragraphs you might have encountered already already
from similar mails.]

Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker. Sending this just to
the lists, as it's already handled.

On 30.03.22 19:51, Alex Xu (Hello71) wrote:

> After a recent kernel update, booting one of my machines causes it to
> hang on a black screen. Pressing Lock keys on the USB keyboard does not
> turn on the indicators, and the machine does not appear on the Ethernet
> network. I don't have a serial port on this machine. I didn't try
> netconsole, but I suspect it won't work.
>
> Setting mem_encrypt=0 seems to resolve the issue. Reverting f5ff79fddf0e
> ("dma-mapping: remove CONFIG_DMA_REMAP") also appears to resolve the
> issue.
>
> The machine in question has an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and ASRock B450 Pro4.

To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the cracks unnoticed, I'm
adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced f5ff79fddf0e
#regzbot title dma: "dma-mapping: remove CONFIG_DMA_REMAP" causes AMD
SME boot fail
#regzbot ignore-activity

If it turns out this isn't a regression, free free to remove it from the
tracking by sending a reply to this thread containing a paragraph like
"#regzbot invalid: reason why this is invalid" (without the quotes).

Ciao, Thorsten

  Last update: 2022-03-31 08:53    [W:1.249 / U:0.048 seconds]