SubjectRe: "dma-mapping: remove CONFIG_DMA_REMAP" causes AMD SME boot fail #forregzbot
From
TWIMC: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and for
regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. These mails usually
contain '#forregzbot' in the subject, to make them easy to spot and filter.

#regzbot fixed-by: 4fe87e818ea492ade079cc0

On 31.03.22 08:51, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [TLDR: I'm adding the regression report below to regzbot, the Linux
> kernel regression tracking bot; all text you find below is compiled from
> a few templates paragraphs you might have encountered already already
> from similar mails.]
>
> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker. Sending this just to
> the lists, as it's already handled.
>
> On 30.03.22 19:51, Alex Xu (Hello71) wrote:
>>
>> After a recent kernel update, booting one of my machines causes it to
>> hang on a black screen. Pressing Lock keys on the USB keyboard does not
>> turn on the indicators, and the machine does not appear on the Ethernet
>> network. I don't have a serial port on this machine. I didn't try
>> netconsole, but I suspect it won't work.
>>
>> Setting mem_encrypt=0 seems to resolve the issue. Reverting f5ff79fddf0e
>> ("dma-mapping: remove CONFIG_DMA_REMAP") also appears to resolve the
>> issue.
>>
>> The machine in question has an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and ASRock B450 Pro4.
>
> To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the cracks unnoticed, I'm
> adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced f5ff79fddf0e
> #regzbot title dma: "dma-mapping: remove CONFIG_DMA_REMAP" causes AMD
> SME boot fail
> #regzbot ignore-activity
>
> If it turns out this isn't a regression, free free to remove it from the
> tracking by sending a reply to this thread containing a paragraph like
> "#regzbot invalid: reason why this is invalid" (without the quotes).
>
> Ciao, Thorsten

  Last update: 2022-04-15 20:00    [W:0.074 / U:0.624 seconds]