SubjectRe: TI: X15 the connected SSD is not detected on Linux next 20221006 tag #forregzbot
From
[Note: this mail contains only information for Linux kernel regression
tracking. Mails like these contain '#forregzbot' in the subject to make
then easy to spot and filter out. The author also tried to remove most
or all individuals from the list of recipients to spare them the hassle.]

On 30.11.22 10:40, Naresh Kamboju wrote:

> We have been noticing this problem [a] & [b] on Linux mainline master 6.1.0-rc7
>
> Test error: mkfs.ext4
> /dev/disk/by-id/ata-SanDisk_SSD_PLUS_120GB_190702A00D84 failed; job
> exit
>
> Please suggest a way forward on this reported issue on arm32 TI BeagleBoard X15
> device. Build and Kernel configs details provided in the metadata section.

Thanks for the report. To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced v6.0..v6.1-rc7
#regzbot title ata/arm32: TI BeagleBoard X15 doesn't boot
#regzbot ignore-activity

This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply -- ideally with also
telling regzbot about it, as explained here:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/tracked-regression/

Reminder for developers: When fixing the issue, add 'Link:' tags
pointing to the report (the mail this one replies to), as explained for
in the Linux kernel's documentation; above webpage explains why this is
important for tracked regressions.

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.

  Last update: 2022-12-01 14:05    [W:0.091 / U:0.408 seconds]