SubjectRe: LED subsystem lagging maintenance
On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 1:36 PM Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 01:26:20PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have noticed that in the last couple of cycles the LED subsystem is
> > a bit laggish in terms of maintenance (*). I think it's time that
> > someone can help Pavel to sort things out.
> >
> > In any case, I wonder if we have any kind of procedure for what to do
> > in such cases. Do we need to assume that the subsystem is in a
> > (pre-)orphaned state? If so, who is the best to take care of patch
> > flow?
>
> What outstanding patches have not been handled? Have you talked to
> Pavel about this?

Pavel has known about them I believe. But just for your convenience
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-leds/20210529111935.3849707-1-andy.shevchenko@gmail.com/T/#u

> > *) e.g. I have a series against a few drivers in LED with actual fixes
> > and it is missed v5.13 (okay, that time Pavel had comments which I
> > have addressed at ~rc7 time frame), missed v5.14 and seems on the
> > curve to miss v5.15.
>
> If you address something at -rc7 you should not expect the changes to be
> merged in time for the next release, what would you do if you were on
> the other end?

Yes, that's why skipping v5.13 is okay, but v5.14 is completely out after that.

> > P.S. I Cc'ed lately active, AFAICS, in that area people + Greg for his opinion.
>
> I think that Pavel should be the one asking for help here if he needs
> it.

I hope so. And we won't see the series dangling for 2 month without
any single word from a maintainer. Thanks for your reply!

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2021-07-28 13:13    [W:0.108 / U:0.020 seconds]