SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] configfs-based GPIO simulator for v5.16
On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 8:01 PM Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@bgdev.pl> wrote:

> Linus,
>
> A while ago I sent you a pull-request for the GPIO subsystem which, in addition
> to regular GPIO updates, contained a new GPIO simulator module based on
> configfs that we want to use to test the uAPI and its main user-space user -
> libgpiod. The PR included changes to configfs itself in the form of an
> implementation of the concept of committable items. The changes had been in
> development for several months and the maintainers had been largely
> unresponsive which made me send it directly to you eventually after gathering
> some reviews on the linux-gpio mailing list. You then Cc'ed Al who raised some
> concerns and the patches were pulled out.
>
> A couple months have passed with a few more iterations and I still can't get
> any meaningful reviews from the configfs maintainers (nor NAKs for that
> matter). I decided to give it another try and send it to you directly again.
>
> Since last time I've addressed issues raised by Al (to the best of my ability
> anyway) and made sure all references are counted correctly (including error
> paths) and all resources freed. This code has been tested a lot with
> a development version of libgpiod. The branch I've tagged spent some time in
> next too with a single issue reported and fixed.
>
> Please consider pulling.
>
> Best Regards,
> Bartosz Golaszewski

Hi Linus,

The merge window is closing soon, so I'd like to send out a gentle
ping and ask you if you have any comments on these patches and what
should my next steps be regarding them.

Best Regards,
Bartosz Golaszewski

  Last update: 2021-11-12 15:47    [W:0.078 / U:0.200 seconds]