SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] configfs-based GPIO simulator for v5.16
On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 8:44 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2021 at 01:36:27PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> > configfs has two current maintainers, I don't think we need another one,
> > but they should have at least responded to the patch series previously
>
> I've clearly stated that I'm not going to take these "interesting" new
> atomic semantics without an ACK from Al. And to be honest even with that
> feature creep isn't exactly on my wish list.

I've just went through my inbox to make sure I didn't miss anything
but, barring some undelivered email, the only thing you ever stated
wrt this series (other than your general dislike of the BIT() macro)
is this: https://lkml.org/lkml/2021/1/27/202 four versions ago.

It's Linus Torvalds who stated he'll need an Ack from Al and I have
Cc'ed him on multiple iterations over the course of several weeks
after that. I assume he's got more important things on his plate but
there's not much more I can do...

Feature creep is an exaggeration IMO for something that the very
maintainer of configfs (Joel Becker) defined in detail in the
documentation a long time ago. Most likely the need for committable
items was clear from the start but as there were no users, no
implementation ever followed. Now we've presented a very clear
use-case hence the proposed implementation of the concept designed by
Joel.

Bart

  Last update: 2021-11-08 09:46    [W:0.052 / U:0.756 seconds]