SubjectRe: RTL8723BS driver doesn't work for,me but I can help testing
Hi Tobias,

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 8:21 AM Tobias Baumann <017623705678@o2online.de> wrote:

> good morning
>
> i got the new image from oleg(balbes150) 20200518 RC5 and some more
> feedback
>
> with my patch and oleg RC5 hotstart(shutdown now) do not work with my
> box ( wlan goes back to sleep mode always)
I'm not sure what you mean here.
if you run "shutdown now" then the system does not shut down and only
wifi goes to sleep mode?

> with my patch chance 1 of 5 till 1 of 3 that my wlan is up and not
> sleep from cold start
>
> with oleg chance 1 of 2 till 1of 3 from cold start that wlan is up .
> (maybe because of phandle order?)
>
> i thing there is maybe a timming problem between wlan dis , sdio data
> and host wake up wlan .
the power sequence driver supports the following two properties, see [0]:
- post-power-on-delay-ms
- power-off-delay-us

Those are not set, meaning no delay is applied.
For reference, these are the delays which are used on the Endless Mini
(which also has a RTL8723BS module): [1]
Do you know more about these delays (whether they are needed and how
long they are supposed to be)?

> it could be that GPIOAO_6 is the host wake up wlan ? is it possible to
> change the activation order for the gpio pins by change it in dts ?
please check my previous mails. I think that GPIOX_21 is the wifi host
wakeup pin because it is marked as "input" on the 3.10 kernel.
you can change the order of the GPIOs inside the sdio_pwrseq node, but
all GPIOs are managed together (meaning there's virtually no delay
between enabling the first and the second one).
I am not sure if using an MMC power sequence is the right thing to do,
because the card is detected for me regardless of whether GPIOX_11 is
HIGH or LOW. The RTL8723BS driver currently does not manage any GPIOs.

Martin

[0] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/c477ebe21fabe0010a2ed324ce3a1762c757d867/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc-pwrseq-simple.txt
[1] https://github.com/endlessm/linux-meson/blob/4c76999c5c707fba9c390466efca093c3befa908/drivers/amlogic/wifi/wifi_dt.c#L153

  Last update: 2020-05-19 22:17    [W:0.069 / U:0.236 seconds]