SubjectRe: RTL8723BS driver doesn't work for,me but I can help testing
Hi Tobias,

(adding back the original Cc list since that got lost at some point.
please keep them included)

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 9:57 PM Tobias Baumann <017623705678@o2online.de> wrote:

> hi Martin
>

> i know what you mean with many modules from Arduino sensor modules not
> all datasheet are correct
>
> ok i got into uboot env
>
> i could not get GPIOA0 write because of unknowm pin number
GPIOAO_0 should work though (the underscore is important)

> but GPIOX works
>
> now my measurmant show that out high = signal high (3.3V) and out low
> =singnal low (0.0V)
>
> without any instruction the S812 pins show something betwen 0.2V and 0.8v
>
> and that GPIOX_11 (old gpio-123 ; new gpio-402) the one to PIN12
> WLAN-DIS of r8723bs modul
>
> and like you saw on my kernel cat print it is set to low
I have updated the GPIOs polarity of GPIOAO_6 and GPIOX_11 (since both
are showing inverse polarity compared to the Android kernel).
since I don't know if you build mainline yourself or if you use builds
from other people: I attached the updated .dtb so you can use that if
you want to

Please let me know if that fixes wifi for you.

> [...]
> >
> > Realtek only sells the RTL8723BS chip on it's own. But it needs some
> > extra components (crystals, resistors, capacitors, ...)
> > When changing some of these components you need to certify (FCC / CE /
> > some other regulatory) the wifi card again (to ensure it follows the
> > specification and does not interfere with other devices).
> > Thus there are manufacturers (for example FN-LINK) that sell certified
> > RTL8723BS modules.
> >
> > Also one datasheet can describe the signal as "active low".
> > However, if there is a small transistor circuit on the module PCB (or
> > the main SoC PCB) then that can "flip" the signal, meaning: the SoC
> > outputs HIGH but the module gets LOW - or vice versa.
> > Thus we describe the GPIOs from the GPIO controller (in this case:
> > Amlogic SoC) perspective.
> >
> >> GPIOs 0-135:(from 3.10.99 Kernel )
> >> gpio-3 (gpio_key ) in hi
> >> gpio-6 (sdio_wifi ) out hi ->
> > this one is GPIOAO_6 and called "gpio-382" in your 5.7 kernel GPIO dump
> >
> >> gpio-14 (amlsd ) in lo
> >> gpio-15 (DWC_OTG ) out hi
> >> gpio-64 (amlsd ) in lo
> >> gpio-122 (sdio_wifi ) out hi
> > this one is GPIOX_10. I don't know why the vendor kernel requests this as GPIO
> > because actually it is using the xtal_32k_out mux on the pin controller.
> > I assume this is what you have for pin24 below (32k/RTC clock/WLAN
> > clock), because it's output is 32.768kHz (or rounded: 32kHz)
> >
> >> gpio-123 (sdio_wifi ) out hi
> > this one is GPIOX_11 and called "gpio-402" in your 5.7 kernel GPIO dump
> >
> >> gpio-132 (bt_rfkill ) out hi -> pin 34 Bt_dis (Bluetooth disable)
> > this one is GPIOX_20 and not part of your 5.7 kernel GPIO dump
> > Linux 5.8 will gain RTL8723BS Bluetooth support -> with that the GPIO
> > will show up as well
> >
> > do you know if this is related to the wifi part somehow?
> >
> >> gpio-133 (sdio_wifi ) in hi
> > this one is GPIOX_21 and not part of your 5.7 kernel GPIO dump either.
> > It is the "wifi host wake" and should not be related to your issue.
> > the SDIO wifi card uses it to let the host know that data is available
> > and the host should resume from suspend.
> >
> > [...]
> >> GPIO Kernel 5.7
> >>
> >> gpiochip1: GPIOs 376-390, parent: platform/c8100084.pinctrl, ao-bank:
> >> gpio-382 ( |reset ) out lo
> >>
> >> gpiochip0: GPIOs 391-511, parent: platform/c1109880.pinctrl, cbus-banks:
> >> gpio-402 ( |reset ) out lo
> >> gpio-484 ( |snps,reset ) out hi ACTIVE LOW
> > you can ignore gpio-484 (snps,reset) for the current issue.
> > This is for the Ethernet PHY and has nothing to do with wifi.
> >
> >> gpio-491 ( |cd ) in lo ACTIVE LOW
> >>

> >> i think i do not have a pull down gpio pin i need the pins high state
> > which one do you mean exactly?
> >
> > since you are measuring with a multimeter anyways: can you please find
> > out the pin from the Amlogic SoC which is routed to the WLAN_DIS pin
> > of the WIFI module along with the polarity (high/low)?

Best regards,
Martin

  Last update: 2020-05-17 22:29    [W:3.291 / U:0.008 seconds]