SubjectRe: RTL8723BS driver doesn't work for,me but I can help testing
hi martin

sorry for cc -problem it was my fault in thunderbird

thanks for dtb file but this file has problem kernel stop with

[    6.122092] mmc0: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001
[   35.804258] VCCK: disabling
[   35.808781] platform pwmleds: deferred probe pending
[   35.812625] platform sound: deferred probe pending

[  215.804295] random: crng init done

(last time deferred probe was gcc problem )

please can you provide me with dts file and i complile at my linux box
or maybe only the change line and i use the dtb from image and edit the
lines like the usb patch

thanks

Tobias

Am 17.05.2020 um 22:28 schrieb Martin Blumenstingl:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> (adding back the original Cc list since that got lost at some point.
> please keep them included)
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 9:57 PM Tobias Baumann <017623705678@o2online.de> wrote:
>> hi Martin
>>

>> i know what you mean with many modules from Arduino sensor modules not
>> all datasheet are correct
>>
>> ok i got into uboot env
>>
>> i could not get GPIOA0 write because of unknowm pin number
> GPIOAO_0 should work though (the underscore is important)
>
>> but GPIOX works
>>
>> now my measurmant show that out high = signal high (3.3V) and out low
>> =singnal low (0.0V)
>>
>> without any instruction the S812 pins show something betwen 0.2V and 0.8v
>>
>> and that GPIOX_11 (old gpio-123 ; new gpio-402) the one to PIN12
>> WLAN-DIS of r8723bs modul
>>
>> and like you saw on my kernel cat print it is set to low
> I have updated the GPIOs polarity of GPIOAO_6 and GPIOX_11 (since both
> are showing inverse polarity compared to the Android kernel).
> since I don't know if you build mainline yourself or if you use builds
> from other people: I attached the updated .dtb so you can use that if
> you want to
>
> Please let me know if that fixes wifi for you.
>

>> thanks for you uboot gset instruction thats helps
>>
>> Am 17.05.2020 um 20:09 schrieb Martin Blumenstingl:
>>> Hi Tobias,

>>> it *may* help. beware that there are *many* RTL8723BS modules out
>>> there, which may or may not follow the same pattern.
>>>
>>> Realtek only sells the RTL8723BS chip on it's own. But it needs some
>>> extra components (crystals, resistors, capacitors, ...)
>>> When changing some of these components you need to certify (FCC / CE /
>>> some other regulatory) the wifi card again (to ensure it follows the
>>> specification and does not interfere with other devices).
>>> Thus there are manufacturers (for example FN-LINK) that sell certified
>>> RTL8723BS modules.
>>>
>>> Also one datasheet can describe the signal as "active low".
>>> However, if there is a small transistor circuit on the module PCB (or
>>> the main SoC PCB) then that can "flip" the signal, meaning: the SoC
>>> outputs HIGH but the module gets LOW - or vice versa.
>>> Thus we describe the GPIOs from the GPIO controller (in this case:
>>> Amlogic SoC) perspective.

>>> this one is GPIOAO_6 and called "gpio-382" in your 5.7 kernel GPIO dump

>>> this one is GPIOX_10. I don't know why the vendor kernel requests this as GPIO
>>> because actually it is using the xtal_32k_out mux on the pin controller.
>>> I assume this is what you have for pin24 below (32k/RTC clock/WLAN
>>> clock), because it's output is 32.768kHz (or rounded: 32kHz)

>>> this one is GPIOX_11 and called "gpio-402" in your 5.7 kernel GPIO dump

>>> this one is GPIOX_20 and not part of your 5.7 kernel GPIO dump
>>> Linux 5.8 will gain RTL8723BS Bluetooth support -> with that the GPIO
>>> will show up as well

> [...]

http://www.avg.com

  Last update: 2020-05-17 23:11    [W:0.119 / U:0.300 seconds]