Subject[RFC 0/6] Regressions for "imply" behavior change
Date
Hi everyone,

I've just restarted doing randconfig builds on top of mainline Linux and
found a couple of regressions with missing dependency from the recent
change in the "imply" keyword in Kconfig, presumably these two patches:

3a9dd3ecb207 kconfig: make 'imply' obey the direct dependency
def2fbffe62c kconfig: allow symbols implied by y to become m

I have created workarounds for the Kconfig files, which now stop using
imply and do something else in each case. I don't know whether there was
a bug in the kconfig changes that has led to allowing configurations that
were not meant to be legal even with the new semantics, or if the Kconfig
files have simply become incorrect now and the tool works as expected.

Please have a look at the cases I found, and what you think we should
do about them. I assume there are a couple more like these, the six
regressions here are what I found in the first 1000 randconfig builds
on the kernel.

Arnd

Arnd Bergmann (6):
thunder: select PTP driver if possible
net/mlx5e: fix VXLAN dependency
LiquidIO VF: add dependency for PTP_1588_CLOCK
drm/bridge/sii8620: fix extcon dependency
drm/rcar-du: fix selection of CMM driver
drm/rcar-du: fix lvds dependency

drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/Kconfig | 1 -
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/sil-sii8620.c | 5 +++--
drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/Kconfig | 7 ++-----
drivers/net/ethernet/cavium/Kconfig | 4 ++--
drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/Kconfig | 2 +-