SubjectRe: Upcoming: Notifications, FS notifications and fsinfo()
On Fr, 03.04.20 13:38, Miklos Szeredi (miklos@szeredi.hu) wrote:

> > I would love to have the mount ID exposed via statx().
>
> Here's a patch.

Oh, this is excellent. I love it, thanks!

BTW, while we are at it: one more thing I'd love to see exposed by
statx() is a simple flag whether the inode is a mount point. There's
plenty code that implements a test like this all over the place, and
it usually isn't very safe. There's one implementation in util-linux
for example (in the /usr/bin/mountpoint binary), and another one in
systemd. Would be awesome to just have a statx() return flag for that,
that would make things *so* much easier and more robust. because in
fact most code isn't very good that implements this, as much of it
just compares st_dev of the specified file and its parent. Better code
compares the mount ID, but as mentioned that's not as pretty as it
could be so far...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin

  Last update: 2020-04-03 17:13    [W:0.325 / U:0.032 seconds]