SubjectRule for bridge yaml dt binding maintainers?
Date
Hello,

I got confused while doing the txt -> yaml conversion at [1] and
it's still not clear to me who should be added in the
"maintainers" field. Clearly not the maintainers as returned by
get_maintainer.pl. :)

Rob mentioned that "owners" should be manintainers but I also have
trouble picking the persons who should be owners / yaml
maintainers.

Looking at the completed bridge conversions in the latest
linux-next, I couldn't find a rule and the majority of bindings
are still txt:

$ find ./devicetree/bindings/display/bridge/ -name *txt | wc -l
23
$ find ./devicetree/bindings/display/bridge/ -name *yaml | wc -l
5

So my questions are:
1. Is there a general rule for assigning yaml file
owners/maintainers?

2. Is this vagueness specific to the bridge dt bindings only?

3. Who should step up and maintain these bindings? Original/new
authors, SoC, bridge, DRM maintainers etc.?

It would be useful to have a rule to make it easier to do these
conversions. We (Collabora) are considering doing the conversion
work.

Thank you,
Adrian

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11493009/

  Last update: 2020-04-20 13:19    [W:0.230 / U:0.132 seconds]