SubjectRe: cleanup the walk_page_range interface
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:41 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> I certainly prefer that method of API change :-)
> (see the current "keys: Replace uid/gid/perm permissions checking with
> an ACL" in linux-next

Side note: I will *not* be pulling that again.

It was broken last time, and without more people reviewing the code,
I' m not pulling it for 5.4 either even if David has an additional
commit on top that might have fixed the original problem.

There's still a pending kernel test report on commit f771fde82051
("keys: Simplify key description management") from another of David's
pulls for 5.3 - one that didn't get reverted.

David, look in your inbox for a kernel test report about

kernel BUG at security/keys/keyring.c:1245!

(It's the

BUG_ON(index_key->desc_len == 0);

line - the line numbers have since changed, and it's line 1304 in the
current tree).

I'm not sure why _that_ BUG_ON() now triggers, but I wonder if it's
because 'desc_len' went from a 'size_t' to an 'u8', and now a desc_len
of 256 is 0. Or something. The point being that there have been too
many bugs in the pulls and nobody but David apparently ever had
anything to do with any of the development. This code needs more eyes,
not more random changes.

So I won't be compounding on that workflow problem next merge window.

Linus

  Last update: 2019-08-17 09:38    [W:0.064 / U:2.208 seconds]