SubjectRe: Regression found (Stop-marking-clocks-as-CLK_IS_CRITICAL)
On 02-11-18, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01-11-18 16:50, Dean Wallace wrote:
> > On 01-11-18, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Please give the attached patch a try (on top of my patch for the clk quirk)
> > > and let us know if that fixes these errors.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Hans
> > >
> > Sorry, it's not being consistent with me Now, fresh boot again, no errors
> > in journal, no errors while plugging/unplugging earphones. I think it's
> > definitely more stable with the profile in pavucontrol set to Output
> > only (no + Input), but I can still trigger it by switching it, and it
> > never corrects itself until I switch a few more times.
>
> Ok, so there are 2 issues here as I see it:
>
> 1) It does not always reproduce
> 2) It does still reproduce sometimes with the patch, so the patch does not
> fix it.
>
> So I think we just have to live with this for now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Yeah, I've never known it act any different so I'm used to it. I do
know a few people in the past who have just bought a usb sound device
because they want to use a mic as well, and that just didn't work
quite right for them, even if sound output worked they had issues as
soon as they tried using mic. I forget which, 4.1 or 4.4, 1 guy
mentioned still using it just because output/input worked flawlessly.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Dean

  Last update: 2018-11-02 12:16    [W:0.496 / U:0.520 seconds]