SubjectRe: Regression found (Stop-marking-clocks-as-CLK_IS_CRITICAL)
Hi,

On 01-11-18 16:50, Dean Wallace wrote:
> On 01-11-18, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Right then, I can make it unlock and 'daleks' by going into
>>> pavucontrol and switching the Profile back and forth from Stereo
>>> Output to Stereo Output+Analog Mono Input, which is actually something
>>> I've done to make it correct itself as well. I don't use the mic or
>>> anything so I've had it set to Stereo Ouput only which I 'think' has
>>> somehow made it more stable for me. With all my playing around, one
>>> of the things I did was clean out my .config/pulse folder which meant
>>> by default the 'Profile' in pavucontrol was set to Output+Input, which
>>> seems to help trigger the PLL issue when inserting headphones.
>>>
>>> So what would you like me to do, as I can trigger it on demand it
>>> seems.
>>
>> Please give the attached patch a try (on top of my patch for the clk quirk)
>> and let us know if that fixes these errors.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hans
>>
> Sorry, it's not being consistent with me Now, fresh boot again, no errors
> in journal, no errors while plugging/unplugging earphones. I think it's
> definitely more stable with the profile in pavucontrol set to Output
> only (no + Input), but I can still trigger it by switching it, and it
> never corrects itself until I switch a few more times.

Ok, so there are 2 issues here as I see it:

1) It does not always reproduce
2) It does still reproduce sometimes with the patch, so the patch does not
fix it.

So I think we just have to live with this for now.

Regards,

Hans

  Last update: 2018-11-02 11:28    [W:0.163 / U:0.940 seconds]