SubjectRe: Possible regression: sluggish inputs
Date
Hi,

On Saturday, 03 May 2014 at 20:14:03, Hans de Goede wrote:
>On 05/03/2014 07:38 PM, tbilles@gmx.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, 03 May 2014 at 10:00:38, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen this happen occasionally on my E6430 both with and without
>>> the patch the bisect points too. I can trigger it by pressing
>>> brightness up / down as fast as I can. Likely the dimming on
>>> inactivity code is doing a much better job at sending brightness
>>> change commands as fast as possible, making it easier to trigger this.
>>> As for the commit you've bisected it too, it may be that that subtly
>>> changes things to make the problem easier to trigger,
>>
>> I don't have auto screen dimming enabled, but there could be something
>> else triggering it. Other than this, it all makes sense. The brightness
>> up / down buttons always act slowly for me. I can too trigger the sluggish
>> behaviour by pressing the brightness up or down buttons fast and
>> simultaneously moving the mouse. So yes, your patch is not the cause
>> of this, but for some reason it makes it easier to trigger.
>>
>>> but I distinctly remember having the same issue before I wrote that
>>> patch.
>>
>> Let me try this 'your patch reverted on top of 3.14.2' kernel for a few
>> days to see if this behaviour shows up. Maybe I had it too, I just
>> didn't notice, because it was less frequent.

I didn't notice this behaviour since then, but I guess that doesn't prove
it's not there.

I will continue using my 3.13.x kernel for the time being.

Thank you, Hans, for your time.

Tibor

  Last update: 2014-05-12 16:01    [W:0.027 / U:0.076 seconds]