SubjectRe: mm: slub: gpf in deactivate_slab
On 03/25/2014 02:10 PM, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2014, Sasha Levin wrote:
>
>> So here's the full trace. There's obviously something wrong here since we
>> pagefault inside the section that was supposed to be running with irqs
>> disabled
>> and I don't see another cause besides this.
>>
>> The unreliable entries in the stack trace also somewhat suggest that the
>> fault is with the code I've pointed out.
>
> Looks like there was some invalid data fed to the function and the page
> fault with interrupts disabled is the result of following and invalid
> pointer.
>
> Is there more context information available? What are the options set for
> the cache that the operation was performed on?

It seems like it's a regular allocation from the inode_cachep kmem_cache:

inode = kmem_cache_alloc(inode_cachep, GFP_KERNEL);

I'm not sure if there's anything special about this cache, codewise it's
created as follows:

inode_cachep = kmem_cache_create("inode_cache",
sizeof(struct inode),
0,
(SLAB_RECLAIM_ACCOUNT|SLAB_PANIC|
SLAB_MEM_SPREAD),
init_once);

I'd be happy to dig up any other info required, I'm just not too sure
what you mean by options for the cache?

Thanks,
Sasha

  Last update: 2014-03-26 01:41    [W:0.191 / U:0.320 seconds]