SubjectRe: [RFC Patch] gpio: add GPIO hogging mechanism
From
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 8:09 AM, Alexandre Courbot <gnurou@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM, Benoit Parrot <bparrot@ti.com> wrote:

> + line_b: line_b {
> + line_b {
> + gpios = <6 0>;
> + output-low;
> + line-name = "foo-bar-gpio";
> + };
> + };

(...)

> I wonder if such usage of child nodes could not interfere with GPIO
> drivers (existing or to be) that need to use child nodes for other
> purposes. Right now there is no way to distinguish a hog node from a
> node that serves another purpose, and that might become a problem in
> the future.

Yes, so I have suggested a hog-something; keyword in there.

As long as the children don't have any compatible-strings we can
decide pretty much how they should be handled internally.

Are there custom drivers with child nodes inside the main chip
today?

Yours,
Linus Walleij

  Last update: 2014-11-14 11:01    [W:0.142 / U:0.712 seconds]