SubjectRe: sock puppets (Re: (Song) ** SystemD)
From
Believe whatever you want.

No one seems to give a damn about good engineering practices, if they did there
would be no debate at all. KISS is a very simple principal, systemd obviously
violates it at the most basic level.

All the arguments from the systemd crowd are appeals to authority,
appeals to popularity
(false popularity I might add), and emotional appeals.

When that doesnt don't work, well... ban (application of authority)

The systemd people are winning.
You know why.

Because bullshit walks.
$$$$$(<-even linus likes those)

Nothing's going to overcome that.

Linux has suffered the equivalent of regulatory capture, and Linus
himself is bought.

On 10/5/14, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know which side you're on.
>
> All I know is that with all the shock treatment from the noisiest part
> of the supposedly anti-crowd and the arrogance, lies, petulance,
> pretense, and other primadonna behavior that business-types seem to
> like from the pro-crowd, good engineering practices are being thrown
> overboard.
>
> Your poisoning the conversation does not help promote good
> engineering, that should be obvious. So I tend to think you are a
> sock-puppet of the pro-crowd, maybe even Sievers or Poettering posting
> under an alias.
>
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Gregory Smith
> <gregorysmith1974a@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just because you disagree with something does not make it a troll.
>> Just because someone continued to post to a mailing list which he
>> was unrightly banned from (because systemd negativity is a no-no
>> for some), does not mean the message is for trolling.
>>
>> Trying to suck up or find common ground with the systemd people
>> will fail.
>>
>> Rambling Proposal pt 1 of 2. Unix-like Fork. "Indelible Linux/Crystalline
>> Linux"
>> youtu.be/N18rNxe3Z-o
>>
>> Rambling Proposal pt 2 of 2. Unix-like Fork. "Indelible Linux/Crystalline
>> Linux"
>> youtu.be/TG1uqwNzlnk
>>

>> On 10/5/14, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Chuck, Al, anyone else paying attention to "Gregory" or "Tom Collins"
>>> or whatever he's calling himself -- I'll repeat what I posted to
>>> debian-user, but this is quite apparently a sockpuppet, either
>>> engaging in recreational trolling, or trying very hard to make it
>>> impossible to discuss systemd with any semblance of rationally.
>>>
>>> It seems to be hard enough for the more avid of both the proponents
>>> and opponents to be rational as it is, let's try not to get sucked
>>> into this kind of baiting. (Speaking as one who got a little bit
>>> sucked into it last week or so.)
>
> --
> Joel Rees
>
> Be careful where you see conspiracy.
> Look first in your own heart,
> and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.

  Last update: 2014-10-06 01:41    [W:4.911 / U:0.596 seconds]