SubjectTo people sending me replies.
There is absolutely no need to send me replies, disagreeing. It is
completely irrelevant.

See no evil hear no evil, is what some of these repliers seem to follow.
Completely pathetic and a good example of what kind of fantasyworld the
linux-environment is. A fantasyworld where such response are deemed
relevant, rather than acceptance of completely CLEAR facts and highly
questionable morality. As backward as the whole movement, and the level
of intelligence in this is feeble. My experienced in this field, can
only for any sensible person mean, to leave all involvement with Linux.

I updated my post:
http://ovekarlsen.com/Blog/turning-ubuntu-12-04-into-a-low-jitter-os/

The abuse and lack of rationality, can only be blamed for this. And
these posess no higher intelligence, as is only a myth about
linux-circles, and indeed many people here are instead blocking
intelligent development. As any facist construct.

"A few years after I first did this low-jitter config, John Carmack said
Doom 3 was still taxing on current systems, and struggled to keep up 60
fps.. Doom 3, which is a jitter-sensitive game, since it does 3 passes
pr. frame with openGL , will also play perfectly, and with accurate
timing, on the same machine with a Nvidia GTX 280 at 72fps (72fps x 3 =
216fps)."

What are you waiting for? Are you waiting for the fairie-hand of Linus
to approve, lest abuse? Lest keep up appearances that this has not
happened, you needed someone to tighten things up, and maybe your fanboy
is not as good as the myth would say? Most replies do not even consider
the facts here. The pure and technical true and valid facts. Which
supposedly the list is all about. Instead censor, and abuse, and
completely irrational posting from far away in LSD-cult fantasyland.

"Linux lacks a professional environment though, something one notices
quite fast. There is a lot of smaller apps on it, and more or less
obscure software, but it does not seem to have any mainstream adoption,
or things one has come to expect from mainstream OSs. In the audio
environment, I felt much like it was stuck in a time of soundblasters,
but the ideologically driven linux-environment seems blind to this. But
it was fun playing “Doom 3″, and Linux-based steam consoles are now
being made.

And this belongs in this article: I do not agree with the ideology in
Linux-circles, and would really prefer a commercial OS, that is general,
and low-jitter. Unix is ofcourse really outdated, and purely from a
technical point of view, I do not at all disagree with microkernels
though, it depends on how one implements them. Or hybrid, but reducing
the amount of work on the engineer, and patchmanagement, and
implementing the most efficient version of that, seems sensible to me.
And keep in mind that even a 1mhz C64 could do low-jitter low latency
audio/video. And TRON-OS people talked about 200uS latency in the same
decade. Systems that fail to do this, is simply due to paradigm. And I
ofcourse disagree with Stallman-idolatry, slaving away for some
LSD-fantasy ideology, lustcultivation and abusive idolaters, semantic
games or similar social retardation anywhere. And is neither a windows
fanboy, or mac, or unix/linux, but see these systems from a general
viewpoint, and that they move data around.

Peace Be With You.

Note: A good example of poor patch management is Phoronix testing, and
Linus acting, to remove many patches. Phoronix does not understand what
jitter is, and so in his tests, that is not even considered. This is
simply random behaviour. 1000hz in the kernel is completely against low
jitter aswell, and there is a 10ms filter in fair.c that seems quite
random aswell. When I asked some known people in linux-circles about
low-jitter, they did not know what would give the least, and would make
wrong assumptions here. Again random. Nobody in the audio-environment
understood the level of my audio-dsp either. Coupling this to abusive
behaviour, and even censorship of criticism of Stallman, makes a very
odd mythologically and ideologically driven slavery, with what is
probably a LSD-hippie in Stallman, as founder of ideology, and with
unix-kernel teachings root in Tanenbaum, another hallucinogen-user.
(Mushroom picture on Operating Systems: Design and Implementation). With
Linux mainstream use on gaming-boxes, Valve another faction of
hallucinogen-use, has hallucinogenic art is in many of their games.
“Half-Life” really meaning this regressed animal-state, of animal-idols
and animal-behaviour. The facists in these games, really idols, such as
the suitcase man, etc. Shuttleworth is also known for his lusttalk, in
conflict with any decent intelligent man, has said that he wanted
“ultrasmooth graphics”, but I did not get any response when sending this
kernel, and info to him, that realizes this. Ubuntu still comes with a
high-jitter kernel. Instead he later initiated “Mir”, which again seems
like more of the same randomness. With many contributors to Ubuntu
ofcourse, doing this purely for ideological reasons, and get nothing,
other than the abusive random environment."

That is my final word in that. Linux - just another ideologically driven
myth, as many. If engineers here had some sense, they would make a
completely general low-jitter commercial OS instead, with considerations
to minimal-abuse for the pre-installed components.

After all Linux is only in 2013, where for instance, TRON OS was in the
80s. Ideological bizarre idiocy, with central people using
hallucinogens. Obviously in fantasyland. One could aswell skip back to
TRON OS, and continue there, and it would be just as much "progress".

Peace Be With You.