SubjectRe: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review
> If you can point me to a single instance of Linus "abusing" someone
> who is not one of his trusted persons, who really should be able to
> deal with that, or someone who did not provoke him to go into rant
> mode, then I'm all on your side.

Well, the one that comes to mind is Alan Cox and the TTY driver in
2009.

And I still have to agree with his point about Linus's more absolute
pronouncements on user-space regressions: taken literally, they mean
that breaking rootkits is not okay.

Here's the thread if anyonw would like to judge "who started it":

http://marc.info/?t=124870111900001

That said, I strongly agree with this point:
> Linus simply has to trusts his top level maintainers, because he
> cannot review, audit and check 10k patches which flow into his tree
> every merge window himself.
>
> So if he finds out that someone who has his ultimate trust sends him a
> pile of crap, he tells that person in his own unmisunderstandable way
> that he's not amused.

  Last update: 2013-07-18 06:41    [W:0.018 / U:1.352 seconds]