Subjectdriver model, duplicate names question
Hi Greg,

I would like to create tree like structure using device model (struct
device, device_register/device_unregister) using parent/child
relationship while creation. I want to be able to create duplicate
names, when their parents are different, similar to a directory structure.
I see that I can't create devices with duplicate names (device names),
even when their parents are different.

How can I allow duplicate names when their parents are different devices?
I want to avoid flat model as I have parent child relationship and there
will be too many devices using flat model.

Why, I need?
I am going to publish RFC for a new power cap class driver. We have a
multiple controllers under power cap class (they are devices). Under
which there are multiple power zones, with parent/child relationships.
Currently I have to use kobject_init_and_add, which I want to avoid and
just use device_register. Other places, wherever such relationships are
required, kobjects are used like cpufreq.

Thanks,
Srinivas Pandruvada
Open Source Technology Center,
Intel Corp.

  Last update: 2013-07-19 22:21    [W:0.066 / U:0.092 seconds]