SubjectBoot failure with EFI on a Lenovo x230 with 3.8.5
From
Hi all,

After upgrading to the latest stable kernel I found my x230 (with the
latest, v2.52 BIOS) no longer boots.

Using an EFI only boot scheme with gummiboot v29, I get a blank
backlit screen when attempting to boot up my distro. There isn't any
indication from the hard drive it has attempted any work and no
response from a netconsole so I'm at a loss for figuring out what
information I can provide.

I did take the time to bisect the commit causing my problem but it
seems to come from an unlikely looking place:

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=16fad69cfe4adbbfa813de516757b87bcae36d93

but after reverting that I am able to boot into my system normally.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get more information would be appreciated!

--
William

  Last update: 2013-04-05 09:21    [W:0.016 / U:1.052 seconds]