SubjectRe: [RFC 0/5] forced comounts for cgroups.
Hey, again.

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 11:06:33AM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> Doing all this runtime is just going to make the mess even bigger,
> because now we have to deal with even more stupid cases.
>
> So either we go and try to contain this mess as proposed by Glauber or
> we go delete controllers.. I've had it with this crap.

cpuacct is rather unique tho. I think it's gonna be silly whether the
hierarchy is unified or not.

1. If they always can live on the exact same hierarchy, there's no
point in having the two separate. Just merge them.

2. If they need differing levels of granularity, they either need to
do it completely separately as they do now or have some form of
dynamic optimization if absolutely necesary.

So, I think that choice is rather separate from other issues. If
cpuacct is gonna be kept, I'd just keep it separate and warn that it
incurs extra overhead for the current users if for nothing else.
Otherwise, kill it or merge it into cpu.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2012-09-05 13:03    [W:0.189 / U:0.540 seconds]