SubjectRe: [RFC] tty: Add get- ioctls to fetch tty status
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 07:43:44AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> >>If you can't guarantee that ALL those processes are stopped and
> >>checkpointed/restarted, you have a huge problem.
> >
> >Well, sure inside our tool before doing checkpoint we stop all
> >tasks which are part of dumpee process tree. This unfortunatly
> >doesn't apply to these ioctl calls. Peter, any idea how to deal
> >with that?
>
> Sorry, no. I suspect you might be trying to do something that is
> impossible to do in a general fashion without application changes.

I see. What if I wrap all this entries with CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE
and say add some sysctl which would enable/disbale this ioctls. Then
it'll be up to user-space callers to make sure that data received is
valid and can be used? The problem is that I need to fetch this bits
somehow with minimal changes in kernel.

  Last update: 2012-09-27 19:01    [W:1.280 / U:0.104 seconds]