SubjectRe: [RFC] tty: Add get- ioctls to fetch tty status
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 05:00:37PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Otherwise - TICOGPKT is specific to pty devices. Please therefore put it
> > > in the pty.c code and note that not all platforms use asm-geneic TTY
> > > ioctls so check carefully they all build.
> >
> > I put it into tty_ioctl.c simply because TIOCPKT was there already so
> > I thought it's good idea to keep them close to each other in code.
>
> Perhaps we should move TIOCPKT out as well?

OK, so I'll do two patches instead of squashing everything on one patch.

Btw, as far as I see wee are zeroifying tty_struct always twice,
first in alloc_tty_struct and then in initialize_tty_struct again.
And alloc_tty_struct + initialize_tty_struct always used as a tuple
in current code, so I presume they might be squashed in one helper
instead to eliminate overhead, but it's different task.

  Last update: 2012-09-27 18:41    [W:0.063 / U:0.336 seconds]