SubjectRe: MODULE_LICENSE("GPL")??
On 08/03/2012 09:29 AM, Alan Cox wrote:
>> assumption that that actually meant they were NOT using GPL symbols.
>
> All symbols in the Linux kernel are to GPL code and all linking dynamic
> or otherwise is subject to the GPL licence. That is you need to be able
> to show anything non-free linked with it such as a kernel module is not a
> derivative work.

Why then is there EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL and EXPORT_SYMBOL? As long as you have
them both, one can and will, assume that what you say above is not the intent.

Again, our Linux kernel drivers are and always were GPL and at least partly
so because of EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL.

Mark

  Last update: 2012-08-03 19:41    [W:0.068 / U:0.092 seconds]