SubjectRe: Extending coredump note section to contain filenames
On 03/12/2012 05:27 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 01:16:30 +0100, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> That's quite absurd if you think about it... we're talking about each
>> individual library, not necessarily the root binary.
>
> Denys is also working on ABRT which already dumps a lot of useful info
> associated with a core file:
> abrt_version analyzer architecture cmdline component coredump count
> dso_list environ executable hostname kernel maps os_release package
> pid pwd reason time uid username uuid var_log_messages
>
> I find the local copy instances of the files of specific build the same or
> even less less useful info than those files above.
>
> One should start implementing dumping all the info above info Linux kernel
> before the filenames are worth it.

This is basically providing the dso_list and executable information.
Several of the other things you list above (cmdline, environ, pid,
reason, maps) are already part of a core file. The rest sounds like an
RFE to me.

-hpa

  Last update: 2012-03-13 01:35    [W:0.039 / U:0.488 seconds]