SubjectRe: DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW issue on ARM
From
Hi Russel,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 05:18:56PM +0530, trisha yad wrote:
> > I wish to know how can I support this function in 3.0 ?
>
> If your description is correct, then all you need to do is to ensure
> that you route interrupts to other CPUs.
>
> You can do that by running the userspace irqbalance daemon.

I also tried with the irqbalance daemon, on ARM quad core architecture,
and as per my understanding, the daemon sets the
/proc/irq/<irq.no.>/smp_affinity
file according to the irq frequency on a particular processor.

However, the daemon doesn't work as expected, I also tried
accessing the
proc file mentioned above to set the cpu mask for particular irq, but this
just block the processing of the irq, as I see the count of that irq
doesnt increase
in /proc/interrupts.

My conclusion is that the irqbalancing is not supported on
ARM arch or there is
something more required for this to work. Kindly provide some
pointers over this.

Regards,
Vaibhav

  Last update: 2012-10-11 10:01    [W:0.070 / U:0.080 seconds]