SubjectRe: [RFCv3 00/21] TCM Core and TCM_Loop patches for v2.6.37
On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 09:39 -0500, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Some comments on the configfs to backend API:
>
> - the various get_*_info methods look like they really should use
> the seq_file API. That gives you safety against overflows,
> and simplifies the code.

Hmmm, it is my understanding that seq_file is currently not available
for configfs. Also, we never going to expect these particular calls to
return anything close to PAGE_SIZE, so I am not sure how much of an
issue this really is.

> - why are show_configfs_dev_params and get_dev_info separate
> methods if they always end up calling the same code?

Hmmm, this was some legacy informational code that no longer has a
reason to be seperate. I will get this merged into a single function.

> - the set_configfs_dev_params method implementation contains some
> rather nast parsing code. They look like they really should use
> the parser.h helpers we use for mount option parsing.

<nod> This code current expects the the incoming buffer to be in the
form of 'key0=value0,key1=value1,key2=value2' etc. Assuming that
parser.h code can handle the comma seperated values, I will look at
getting these converted as well.

--nab

  Last update: 2010-11-08 22:27    [W:0.118 / U:0.020 seconds]