SubjectRe: i/o bandwidth controller infrastructure
Date

> This is the core io-throttle kernel infrastructure. It creates the
> basic
> interfaces to cgroups and implements the I/O measurement and
> throttling
> functions.

I am not sure if throttling an application's cpu usage by explicitly
putting it to sleep
in order to restrain it from making more IO requests is the way to go
here (though I can't think
of anything better right now).
With this bandwidth controller, a cpu-intensive job which otherwise
does not care about its IO
performance needs to be pin-point accurate about IO bandwidth
required in order to not suffer
from cpu-throttling. IMHO, if a cgroup is exceeding its limit for a
given resource, the throttling
should be done _only_ for that resource.

-Divyesh

  Last update: 2008-06-16 22:59    [W:0.041 / U:0.608 seconds]