Subjectodd timing bug with cgroups?

I'm seeing some odd behaviour in the case where a parent task forks a
child and then immediately attempts to put the child into a group.

It appears that there is a window after task creation where the child
task is in "limbo" such that the parent cannot put it into a group. If
I run the parent under "strace" or else sleep for a bit before trying to
put the child into a group, then everything works fine.

This seems odd...I would think that as soon as the fork() call returns
in the parent we should be able to put that task into a group.

I'm just starting to look at the code, but I thought I'd mention it in
case someone knows exactly where to look.

Chris

  Last update: 2008-06-13 23:41    [W:0.049 / U:1.068 seconds]