SubjectRe: kernel coding style for if ... else which cross #ifdef
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

>> In particular, the use of #ifdef is crap to begin with. Using #if
>> even for the preprocessor makes it possible to trap misspellings.
>
> Yes, I'd agree if we were starting from scratch. But given that we
> can't get rid of CONFIG_* and their dubious semantics, we just have to
> make do.

That's a very defeatist stance, and quite frankly bogus.

Doing it as a flag day event is not really practical, which is why we
need a new set of symbols. However, at that point we can discourage
continuing use of the CONFIG_ symbols and deprecate them over time.
It's not like we're talking about user-space-visible interfaces here!

-hpa

  Last update: 2008-05-24 23:01    [W:0.236 / U:0.392 seconds]