Subject2.6.26-rcX: Problem with mem config > 4GB ; fore2000 atm driver options -- addition
Date
My original reclamation was, that, starting with a config file with memory > 4 GB what was working until now,  with 2.6.26-rcX-gitY i got segmentation faults, so that I had to configure memory < 4 GB.

I was informed that meanwhile the error with the segmentation faults for memory > 4 GB was corrected.

Now I tried to compile 2.6.26-rc3-git5 , starting with my last config file what has memory < 4 GB because of the explained problem, but I wanted to change that with menuconfig to memory > 4 GB as it was before, because my computer has 8 GB memory.

Now happens a next problem. menuconfig don't permit, when you start with a config of < 4 GB, to change that to > 4 GB. In the menu comes only the option until 4 GB, and in the resulting config file is 'memory until 64 GB' disabled ...

Thus, even if the segmentation faults now are repaired, there remains, still, to repair the menuconfig program, so that, when one had < 4 GB configured, but want to change to > 4 GB, that this works.

2.6.26-rc3-git5 from this morning, configured with < 4 GB , until now runs without other problems on my server, http://www.copaya.yi.org/info.php . Actualized binary .tgz packages of kernels what I compiled are always on the mirrors of my SYS distro, p.ex.: ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/install/sys/ (and .../old)

Werner Landgraf

SYS Linux
v. 0.23-rc1 20/5/08 with 2.6.26-rc3

  Last update: 2008-05-23 18:01    [W:0.031 / U:0.136 seconds]