SubjectWD doesn`t use disks with Linux - was Re: Re:Western Digital GreenPower drives and Linux
Date
>BTW, WD's tech support has gone silent so chances for an easier solution
>are not so great.
>
>Tvrtko

I`ve got a real funky response from WD support today, i`d like to share
here.
This is just too weird....

After asking if they could give a comment if the problem with the high
Load_Cycle_Count may be an issue of their drives or an issue of Linux i got:

------
Dear......
The problem is, that we actually don`t use the disks with Linux. I´m sorry
that i cannot send further information to you.

Sincery yours
<insert support employee name here>
Western Digital Service and Support
------
(translated from german)

So, WD sells enterprise SATA disks, optimizied for 24/7 & Raid array usage,
but they don`t seem to actually test them with Linux or at least are not
able to "support" Linux usage.......

Ridicuous!