SubjectRe: [ofa-general] InfiniBand/iWARP/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.26 (what's in infiniband.git)
 > We want to add send with invalidate & mask compare and swap.
> Eli will be able to send the patches next week and since they are
> small I think they can be in for 2.6.26

We are very interested in these new operations and are moving in the
direction of tightly integrating RDMA along with atomics (if available)
into Oracle. We plan on testing some early prototypes of the these in
the few months.

Send with invalidate is an exact match for our current RDS V3 rdma
driver - and should be more efficient than the current background
syncing of the tpt to ensure keys are invalidated.

We intend on exposing the atomics via the RDS driver along with simple
low level rdma operations to Oracle's internal clients. If Oracle is
running over a transport which exports atomics and rdma - Oracle will
see a dramatic performance boost for several database operations.