SubjectRe: ISDN testing
Andi Kleen wrote:
> Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> writes:
>> Yeah, that's what my patchset does -- splits the "hisax" driver into
>> multiple smaller drivers. Thus, "modprobe hisax" produces the results
>> that you are seeing.
>
> That will break a lot of user's setup.

At present, yes :/ Yet another why it's not upstream :)

>> You'll need to determine which newly-created kernel module applies to
>> your hardware. Let me know if you need help with that. The new
>> drivers should be in
>> /lib/modules/2.6.25-isdn/kernel/drivers/isdn/hisax/ provided that you
>> enabled them in the kernel configuration.
>
> One way to avoid that issue would be to continue having a dummy
> "hisax" module that just depends on all the other drivers with
> a symbol reference.

I'm definitely open to any solution like this. Unfortunately (as Frans,
I think, pointed out) the hisax module routinely depends on critical
setup info being passed as module options, mainly for non-PCI hardware.

One solution might be to create a dummy hisax module that calls
foo_module_init() and foo_module_exit(), and stitch them together in an
unconventional way.

Jeff

  Last update: 2008-04-25 04:41    [W:0.204 / U:0.676 seconds]