SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] select ATA_SFF
Tejun Heo wrote:

>>> Maybe it should be libata-tf and libata-bmdma, but sff (sans bmdma)
>>> and bmdma is acceptable, hopefully, right?
>>
>> What's sff sans bmdma?
>
> Supposed to be TF interface. IIRC, the SFF term was first from Alan
> although it's entirely possible that I misunderstood it and used it in
> the wrong way. Alan, can you please clear up the confusion?
..

SFF stands for "Small Form Factor", as in the "SFF Committee Information
Specification for Bus Master Programming Interface for IDE ATA Controllers Rev 1.0"
from May 16, 1994.

That document is basically a committee rubber-stamp of the earlier Intel
"PCI IDE Controller Specification Revision 1.0" dated 3/4/94.

Would anyone like copies ?

Cheers

  Last update: 2008-04-22 16:39    [W:0.252 / U:0.384 seconds]