Subject[RFC] kernel traczilla: tracking active kernel development
Hi

The first thing one normally does before starting a new development is
research whether and what has already been done in this area. Unless, of
course, one knows it beforehand:-)

This research might sometimes be quite time-consuming and might not always
deliver expected results. Wouldn't it be good to have a central page for
tracking such hot kernel projects _before_ they get submitted into
mainline. One would just decide "now I am prepared to tell the world about
my work", go to this site, register, enter a description of his project in
an appropriate section with some contact information (a mailing list that
the developer is regularly reading should be enough). The site could be
just organized in a hierarchial manner. For example, to add a new ARM
XScale port one would go

top -> Processor architectures -> ARM -> XScale -> ...

I am no designer, no web-administrator, and no content-provider, but
knowing that LKML loves action above words, I put up a sceleton trac wiki
site at

http://gross-embedded.homelinux.org/trac.fcgi

so everybody could have a look, play with it, and decide if they think
something like this could be useful. This is not intended as a final
solution, so, don't take it too seriously. It is hosted on a 500MHz ARM
system, so, be patient:-)

Any opinions, comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski

  Last update: 2008-03-17 16:33    [W:0.049 / U:1.372 seconds]